These fancy constructions have made their own place and demands. One of the most important prerequisites of fancy construction is fine to cut which is impossible without a perfect reciprocating saw. Now, you may think what is a reciprocating saw? Well, a reciprocating saw is a machine powered tool that lets your achieve cutting action. All the mechanism behind this cutting lies on the push and pull system. This exceptional tool can cut literally cut anything no matter whether it is a pipe, cement construction, wood, PVC, hardwood or anything else.
These saws come with some blades that are extremely powerful to cut things off. The market is full of reciprocating saws but it needs you to know some crucial tricks to pick the best one for you. Thus the following content will get you an out and our review of the Best Reciprocating Saw in the market that worth your purchase.
Top 09 Best Reciprocating Saw Reviews
When you are up for buying a reciprocating saw, you must go through some honest reviews to choose the best-suited tool for you. Not everyone needs the same tool as every task demands different features from a reciprocating saw. You may need the saw for light duty DIYpurpose or you may need the saw for heavy duty professional purpose or you may need for both. You have to find the best tool according to your need and obviously, you have to consider some fundamental features of the tool. To help you out I have added a review of the most promising reciprocating saw brand that will let you pick the absolute tool for you.
For your better understanding, I have segmented the review into two categories focusing the types of the reciprocating saw. The reciprocating saw has two types and they are:
Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw Reviews
This 18-volt cordless tool is something that you want to cut anything confidently. No matter what purpose you need it, you can always experience perfect quality work. The building, remodeling or demolition work, this tool is something to rely on. This portable tool comes with such features that leave a signature after every done task. Super comfortable grip, easy usage, orbital motion, fine cutting, fast blade exchanging are some of the dominating features of this reciprocating saw. The high-quality features can chop your kitchen countertops or cabinets, slice pipes, slash hardwood. All the services are done with an extreme ease with this alluring reciprocating saw.
Dewalt bare tool has 4 position blades bring versatility in its cutting. For all kinds of the project, this tool is ready with its variable blade positions.
The cordless feature lets you use this saw even in motion on movement. In absence of the cord you can literally go anywhere that was impossible with cords. Thus this cordless tool is flexible to carry to everywhere.
This reciprocating saw also uses some serious engineering features as in the electric brake. The electric blade ensures a constant blade life.
This handle is slip proof thus you can use it even in motion or in the highest speed. It does not end here comfortable grip means less effort.
This tool comes with the ideal cut length of 1-1/8 inch with a speed of 0 to 3000 strokes per minute. Thus Dewalt comes with the feature of speed control. It has a speed control trigger that needs a press of yours and can control the speed as per your desire.
Dewalt is best known for its durability and warranty. This model is not an exception. Thus it has 3 years warranty and one-year free service terms.
- 4 position blade clamp makes it easy to make the fine cut in very steps.
- Variable speed trigger controls the speed according to users’ desire.
- Slip-proof rubberized handle ensures maximum control on the product.
- 1-1/8 inch stroke length, at 0-3,000 per minute ensures fine and fast cutting.
- Lightweight thus doesn’t let the users feel fatigue while using it.
- 3 years warranty.
- Cordless features allowcarrying the tool everywhere.
- This cordless tool has orbital action as well. That means you can go for angular cuts for sure.
- Comfortable grip.
- Battery runtime is extended.
- Pivoting adjustable shoe
- Does not come with a battery
- Does not work as powerfully as the corded saws.
You may witness vibration with this tool, to be honest as most of the reviews complain about this. But apart from this part think about the extreme features of this gigantic brand promise within this price range. You will never experience such luxury. Anyhow if you can avoid the vibration issue, you may opt for this tool blindly. It is super powerful, comes with tremendous features, can be worked over everything with the fines cuts. The speed trigger also makes it suitable for the newbies. So, a big deal.
Whenever you come across this tool, you will get to know about its power. The quality is quite familiar. This model is lightweight and fits into your hand easily. Makita reciprocating saw comes to a perfect 1/ 2-inch stroke that cuts everything quite well. The dual position on/ off switch allows you to choose either paddle or trigger operation options. The variable speed trigger is also available with this tool. Every time you work with this tool you can control the speed on your own. For the powerful tools like this Makita reciprocating saw, it is very necessary that you control the speed. Otherwise, it may even lead to some serious injuries.
Again the tool-less blade changing feature is available with this model. This feature will simply help you from facing the ridiculous blade changing phase. It makes the blade installation easy thus you can go for any type of cutting.
This tool has around 3000 strokes per minute that allow fast cutting.
The most attractive feature of this model is its belonging to the expanding 18V Lithium-Ion family. No other cordless toll has yet come up with such fasting charging system.
This reciprocating saw is extremely lightweight and it weighs around 3.9 lbs. that can be easily carried and comfortable for working.
Makita is so committed to its customer satisfaction and safety that it has ensured a rubberized soft grip handle. This handle allows you to have the control over your tool.
This tool does not come alone. It comes with a variety of attachments and they are18V LXT Compact Reciprocating Saw, 4″ 6TPI Wood Cutting Reciprocating Saw Blade, 4″ 18TPI Metal Cutting Reciprocating Saw Blade, 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery, 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger and a tool bag.
- 1/2” stroke length is ideal for versatile cutting.
- Rubber made anti-slip handle comforts your usage and also ensures a perfect control of the tool.
- There is built-in LED light. This never seen before feature allows you to illuminate the cutting area. Thus you can work in any environment even at night. This feature also ensures safety as a better view may avoid accidents.
- It has a star protection computer control that protects the tool. This feature basically works against usage defects as in overheating, over discharging and overloading. So, it is more like a built-in insurance offer for your tool.
- The runtime is extended around 65% on every charge due to 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery
- No matter what it always uses the original Makita chargers and battery.
- Up to 3000 stroke speed per minute.
- Comes with a tool bag that ensures easy maintenance.
- Safe to use due to some extraordinary safety features.
- Extended battery runtime.
- Easy blade installation process.
- Extremely expensive.
- Doesn’t have any anti-vibration feature.
This extended battery tool is insanely expensive as it comes with some attachments. Nothing is bad about the tool actually but parallel to the price, I think it is less efficient. Though Makita has always been the best for their line of the power tool and there is no competition on their balance of power and weight but this tool somewhere lacks features considering the price. The reciprocating actually creates little strokes. That means it generates more vibration while you will go for larger strokes. This hinders your operation. Again the tool demands to be a one hand tool but the vibration involves both of your hands. So, this is a promise braking issue. Again this tool is good for DIYs not for your professional tasks. Despite having the best battery according to me it is only capable of handling plastic, thin wood or yard works. For the professionalpurpose, it lacks many of the core features.
This compact reciprocating saw comes with the efficiency of performing all the tasks that a full-length reciprocating saw can do along with the compact saw the performance. And trust it owns both the performance. Despite the compact size, it can accomplish the tasks with a commendable ease. Being cordless with its compact size, this tool is something to carry everywhere. But the compact size is not only easy to carry but also extremely comfortable to use. It is so lightweight that you don’t need to indulge even both of your hands. It is single handed easy to handle reciprocating saw that can literally fit into anywhere regardless of the narrowness of the surface.
This model offers a motor that is extremely powerful. This power tool is capable of creating 3000 strokes per minute with its heavy-duty motor.
This tool is cordless that means you can work anywhere with this tool. You don’t have to panic about working on any remote place where it is impossible to get a connection to use a corded tool.
The most popular feature of this tool is its compact size and ultra-lightweight. Despite being a size of only 14.5 inches this tool is able to make 1 inch cut in every stroke. That is quite interesting. Regardless of being such a tiny tool, it is capable of providing a perfect size. This tool has a feather-like the weight of 1.7 kg. Can you imagine the ease you will experience while working with this tool?
Now let’s focus over the battery. The most attractive and looked forward feature of this tool. The 20V battery probably provides the longest run time. The charger is of great quality.
This porter cable reciprocating saw comes with variable speed control feature that actually controls the speed. Again the stroke speed is really high in this tool and it can go up to 3000SSTROKES PER MINUTE.
This saw with a contoured handle and 180 degrees arch feature that has buttons made of solid steel ensures your safety beyond any other tool. The steel feels a bit hard to get pressed thus the accidental button push gets avoided.
- Heavy duty to the motor to cut off everything.
- Stroke speed: 0 to 3000 STROKES PER MINUTE, Stroke Length: 1″
- Tool-free blade release with a pivoting show makes blade change easy.
- Variable speed trigger controls the speed.
- 20V battery runs for the longest time.
- Never overheats and don’t have self-discharge.
- Compact enough to reach to any space.
- This reciprocating saw model comes with some connectors that never allows any sort of power disruptions.
- It is capable of charging the battery within the shortest time of 20 minutes approx.
- Built-in fan: The charger comes with a built-in fan that reduces the temperature thus no chance of overheating. In order to control the temperature, the charger constantly monitors the voltage amount that is sent to the battery.
- Extended battery runtime.
- Safe to use.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Gets charged in only 20 minutes.
- Sometimes it may not work well in heavy duty.
This tool is extremely suitable for the DIY tasks for its compact size and lightweight. It is an ideal saw for a newbie as it has some ultra-safety feature that will help you to use it without having any prior experience. If you are working alone, this saw will appear as something to invest on. Again remodeling tasks can be done with this tool as well. Plumbers can use this reciprocating saw as it works great on plumbing contracts. Sometimes, for heavy-dutytasks, you may look for alternative ones. Because for real heavy duty task this product lacks somewhere. As long as you are concentrating on your comfort, this reciprocating saw will no doubt hit the top position of your list. This tool can be a complementary tool in your garage but for essential and vital choice, I may suggest looking for something form the corded lists.
This reciprocating saw itself belongs to the biggest brand name BLACK+DECKER, mostly known as the industry giants. This tool comes with a 20V battery that extends your working hours. Again it brings you some double win facility with the cordless feature. It is hardly possible to find a reciprocating saw that can beat this BLACK+DECKER tools in mobility, cutting excellence and speed.
This reciprocating saw provides relatively shorter cuts of around 7/ 8 inches. Often shorter cuts are avoided by the users as long cuts allow the users to cut faster but shorter cuts also come with its own benefits.
This tool is probably the lightest reciprocating saw in the market that weighs only 4 pounds. For your everyday work, this lightweight proves to be extremely handy.
This tool may be super tiny but it has a speed limit that can rise up to 3000 strokes per minute. This sort of high speed is sometimes not so appealing to the tool that cuts shorter strokes. That is why this tool has a variable speed trigger that controls the speed.
Where blade changing is a challenge in most of the reciprocating saws, this model will finally pull you out from this sort complications. Tool-free changing is available with this model. It is less daunting when you just have to switch the blades and install another one within a short time. It will not break your workflow by dragging your energy into changing the blades.
- Idea 7/ 8-inch stroke ensures accurate cutting in every stroke.
- Swapping blades are way easier with tool-less blade feature.
- To control the speed limit up to 3000, their variable speed control feature.
- 20V battery ensures extended runtime and no compromise with power.
- 4 pound weight makes it extremely portable and easy to carry.
- 2 years limited warranty.
- Pivoting shoe.
- Can be controlled easily.
- Portable and easy to carry.
- Vibration free.
- Battery and charger sold separately.
Everyone has different purpose of buying a reciprocating saw. Some may need it for professional purpose, some may need for normal home purpose, some may need heavy duty, and some may need lightweight. This tool is suggested for people who want shortcuts and needs tool for normal DIYs or house related little constructions. This tool is extremely portable so it is for people who need to carry their tools here and then. Again this tool produces less vibration thus it is suggested for prolonged working.
This reciprocating saw model of Milwaukee is a complete combination of some high engineering features. From anti-vibration facilities to build in LED bulb facility, it has stuffed all in one tool. This tool is extremely handy to use and super comfortable as well. Being cordless you can carry it everywhere.
The first feature to be concentrated on this product is it’s being cordless. That means you can enjoy complete mobility and carry this tool anywhere you want.
This model kind of has all the features present. The 18V battery creates 0 to 3000 strokes per minute and the stroke length is 3/ 4 inch. This feature cuts materials quite effortlessly. Materials such as foam, hard materials, hardwood, PVC, plastic, marble, rubber etc. can be cut with extreme ease.
This saw is compact enough to run by only one hand. It is so lightweight and tiny in size that you can carry it on your bags without even noticing the weight. You don’t need another baggage to carry it, your regular bag pack is okay to carry it. You will never feel tired while operating this due to the lightweight.
Like most of the reciprocating saws, this saw also has a speed control trigger. The location of the trigger is convenient enough to get an easy press with your index finger. It gives you accessibility to maintain the speed.
This reciprocating saw has a QUIK-LOK blade clamp design to simplify to adjust blades without any sort of disturbance. You can change or adjust or install blades with a glimpse of an eye. No hectic time killing struggles to get your blades changes. If you are stuck in a gloomy weather, don’t worry as cutting is possible with this tool in gloomy or low light areas as well. The built-in LED light illuminates the darkness and gives you a lucid view while cutting.
- Stroke Speed: 3000 STROKES PER MINUTE, Stroke Length: 3/ 4 inch
- It is designed to use one-handed with superior control.
- Built-in LED light helps to cut in low light.
- M18 XC High Capacity LITHIUM-ION Batteries ensure extended run time
- Manufactures in China
- Extremely lightweight and easy to carry. The compact size makes it extremely handy. You can use it for a prolonged time without even having any ache on your hand.
- Anti-vibration feature helps to reduce fatigue while using.
- QUIK-LOK Blade Clamp ensure easy blade changing.
- Perfect Size: The size of this saw is so perfect that it can be placed within the tightest spot without any difficulties.
- No vibration.
- Variable speed control.
- Extended battery.
- Is not suitable for heavy-duty.
This reciprocating saw does not have longer strokes thus it takes time while cutting. Again it is a bit underpowered for heavy duty tasks. This tool is suggested for light works or for prolonged tasks as it does not have the vibration problem.
Best Corded Reciprocating Saw Review
Tools have always been one of the most essential necessities of human civilians thus so many brands have come up with their excellent line of wrenches. Some of them were adored by the customers and some were not up to the mark. It all depends on the features and durability of the product. Here the following discussion will highlight the reviews on Best Adjustable Wrench Brand product so that you can come in touch with the best brands from your next purchase.
Looking for heavy duty tools? This Dewalt DWE304 is just launched to meet your expectation in tough works with its heavy and robust 10.0 amp motor. This motor is specially designed to go limitless when it comes to performing high duty tasks. This motor is in an easy word is a beast that can ina literal sense cut anything or any material you desire to. The multi-tasking motor is something to really invest for. From you’re on the go home projects, cutting pipes, plumbing work to heavy-duty demolition tasks, this motor is capable of all. And talking about the materials that can be cut, this is huge as in metal, plastic, fiberglass, composite or hybrid materials, wood studded or drywall you can cut anything. And this variety of material is basically the key point of selling this product.
And now let’s focus on the blades. Well, Dewalt is quite popular with its blade also as it offers an amazing range of blades to cut off anything. It has 4 position clamp that allows the blade teeth to fit in. Blades fit in so accurately that within the hardest and the toughest positions it can work just so perfectly. This ensures a great grip that is surely a commendable feature I must say.
This saw comes with a very unusual feature, variable speed trigger feature. This feature allows you to enjoy the supreme control over the tool. This speed controlling feature also ensures a super grip and safe use. This Dewalt saw ensures the maximum of 2800 strokes per minute. These strokes are around 1- 1/8″ long thus it ensures fast cutting. Again the tool is so light weighted that you may find it very easy to use.
- 10.0 amp Motor: This heavy motor can perform all the heavy tasks.
- Speed control: This feature allows the users to control the speed as per the need. So, the machine always remains under control.
- Speed Trigger: This feature is similar to a switch that controls or accelerates the speed.
- 4-position blade clamp: This feature introduces the users to versatility.
- 1-1/8″ stroke length and 0-2,800 strokes per minute: This feature ensures super-fast cutting.
- Keyless lever-action blade clamp: Makes it easy to adjust any blades.
- 3 years warranty.
- Extremely versatile, you can cut anything.
- The longer strokes ensure fast cutting. Thus it is time-saving.
- Super easy to use and control.
- Heavy motor reduces manual effort.
- Extremely durable.
- Easy to maintain.
- There is actually none.
This Dewalt tool is regardless of the material or surface to cut off. It works accurately in anything no matter how tough the condition is. This product is extremely affordable. Again it is super easy to use due to some luxury features. So, whether you are a newbie in using saws or you are a professional use, you can opt for this tool for sure. Again the orbital motion of the blades makes it exclusively considerable for demolition tasks. In a nutshell, this tool is a must have but it is a specialist and mainly used for heavy-duty tasks. You can use it on your garage or for your professional purpose. It is best used for sturdy tasks.
Well, the manufacturers of Makita have certainly thought of launching something powerful and extremely robust thus they come up with this reciprocating saw. This JR3050T model is one of the most dominating corded reciprocating saws in the market. Certain features have recently raised its market value so high.
Your renovation or remodeling task is way easier with this 11 Amp reciprocating saw. It has almost 2800 strokes per minute speed that is quite commendable. And you can measure its work efficiency by comparing the stroke speed with other tools. Again the ideal stroke length of 1-1/8-inch is just perfect for fast cutting. Thus this tool not only ensures fine cuttings but also lets you save your time in every possible manner.
The motor is not like the other usual brushless ones. Rather it comes with carbon brush motor that makes it easily accessible and easy to use or maintain. Again the light weighted tool is so easy to use and don’t make you feel fatigue while using.
This reciprocating saw knows how to keep pace with the modern technology thus it has explored an intelligent speed trigger. Despite having the variable speed switch it has also added the intelligent trigger to ensure extreme user comfort. This trigger kind of works like magic. Whenever you start cutting it sets the speed in a low mode. And once your blades get set on the cut line it gradually takes its speed to a high level. No matter what material you are working with this tool, it will always finish its tasks with a satisfaction note.
The robust yet light reciprocating is made of tough plastic. Tool-less blade change feature, user-friendly design cuts your efforts off in the literal sense. Despite lacking the orbital action feature this tool can cut every material with perfect blades.
- 11 Amp motor: This heavy-duty motor is precise for every task from professional takes to DIYs, it is powerful enough to work on everything.
- 1-1/8 inch long strokes along with speed of 2800 strokes per minute make it extremely fast.
- The tool-less design transforms the edge and foot alter the program in a rapid growth without demanding any manual effort.
- Made of tough plastic and comes in a classy grey color that soothes your taste well.
- It has a built-in dust cleaningpower that makes it easy to maintain.
- Comes with ahardcarrying case, 6TPI blade and metal cutting blade.
- 120V AC input
- Intelligent speed trigger: This trigger lows down the speed during the initial stage of work and then gradually increase the speed.
- Extremely powerful.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- Comes with free attachments.
- Durable and magnificent outlook.
- It does not offer orbital action.
The basic jobs as in wood, plastics or metal cutting, you can opt for a 10 Amp tool. It may perfectly provide this services. But your professional tasks as in renovation or remodeling tasks need more powerful mode. In this sense for your professional tasks, you don’t have any options better than to choose this 11 Amp motor tool. Again, it does not provide orbital action thus you cannot have precise angular cuts. So, this tool cannot do the demolition task well. Thus it is better to avoid this tool for demolition tasks. But for professionals as carpenters,plumbers, framers, electricians,and general construction this toll is the ideal one.
BLACK+DECKER has always been quite right with their tools and when it comes to reciprocating saws, this brand has wisely made their own distinctive position in the market. Some magnificent features, moderate price range, targeted audience and durability kept their sales really high. This particular model is nowhere an exception. It offers the exact amount of power and workseffectively for your DIY tasks.
First thing first, the motor. The 8.5 Amp motor is just perfect for the tasks it is specialized for. The 20V battery is so well partnered with the motor that it can perform all the works with utter smoothness. It even holds power for a certain period so that you can go cordless on some applications. Again the combination allows you to have a perfect and efficient cut every time. This is quite interesting.
It is important to control your tool according to your demands. This reciprocating saw comes with the variable speed feature. This feature is directly related to the work quality and safety of yourworkpiece. If you cannot dominate the speed in your saw, you will surely end up either damaging your piece or will face an imperfect work. Again on a different surface, you may need different work speed. S0, a superior comfort is guaranteed with this feature. Thus this reciprocating saw ensured a speed limit of 0 to 2400 that can also be dominated. The 1-1/8-inch stroke length again gives you perfect work within the shortest time possible.
Well, this model comes with attachments as in a wood-cutting blade and a metal-cutting blade. After working with any specific blade on specific material you need to change the blade once you switch the material. This process can be hectic beyond your imagination.
Tools as in reciprocating saws need to be lightweight to attain the perfect finishing. Otherwise, you cannot work for a long time. It will make your hands ache and will go down the work speed. Thus to ensure the work efficiency with less effort this feature of being lightweight is a must.
- 5-Amp motor: It is perfect for a DIY oriented task along with some moderate tasks.
- The blades can cut plastic, woods even metals.
- Speed limit (0-2400 SPM): Ensures efficient and fast cutting.
- Soft grips: Reduces vibrations and also ensures super control.
- Variable speed: Maintains the control over the speed and lets the tool efficiently on a different
- Stroke size (1-1/8 inch): this idea stroke size lets you experience fine cutting.
- Quick Clamptool-free blade change: This feature allows the users to change the blades without any hassle.
- This model of a reciprocating saw is around 5.3 pounds. Thus it is so light weighted that you can work without feeling any sort of fatigue.
- 2 years warranty.
- Lightweight thus can work for a long time.
- Variable speed control.
- Soft grip.
- Flexible blade changing options.
- Comes with attachments.
- Sometimes the tool may provide vibrations
The best part of this tool is that it is not made as the jack of all trades rather it targeted for some specific types of works. This tool seems to be manufactured targeting people who are quite new in using reciprocating saws and needs tool for not heavy duty tasks. And this saw is actually great in its genre. For moderate or average level task there is no other better option. This 8.5 Amp motor is just perfect for some average level wood cutting or plastic cutting. You can use it on your garden as well as the reviews are very positive about its garden use. For DIY tasks this is just perfect. But for heavy-duty or professional tasks, this tool may now stand well. Again the durability of around 2-year warranty adds extra points to this reciprocating saw model.
Bosch RS7 + RAP10PK is reciprocating which is specially manufactured to dominate all sort of cuttings on every type of surface. Not only cutting but also sawing and demolition is done accurately by this product. Despite being corded, there is no chance of limiting your task. The cord is long that you can go limitless on any surface with a reciprocating saw. The blades are so efficient with its thickness and precision ground teeth that wood or metal cutting becomes a simple task. The engineering innovation continues with the speed control feature. It also ensures your safety. As this process comes with the most innovative feature the LED light feature.
When it comes to blades, none of the tools can beat this reciprocating saw model. It comes with 10 blades. 4 blades are for metal cutting, 3 blades are for wood and 3 blades are for woods with nails. So, the blades give you everything that you need for your cutting. No matter you are using this for DIY or for professional the versatile blades are suitable for all.
As the reciprocating saw comes with around 10 blades, you may assume it to be a bit difficult to swap the blades. But you are assuming wrong. BOSCH knows the importance of easy blade installments. As this product is used for multipurpose thus blade installment will need every now and then. Whenever you will switch the surface, you will need certain types of blades.
Another feature that is quite commonly present in most of the saws is the variable speed trigger feature. But this features comes in a more refined manner in this tool. The extremely intelligent speed trigger works like magic on controlling the speed. It gradually accelerates the speed once the blades get set on the surface.
- Dual LED lights: This feature allows the users to work on gloomy areas and ensures safety while working.
- Variable speed trigger: This feature controls the speed limit regarding the surface.
- Ergonomic handle: Handle comes in the soft grip to ensure super control and easy usage.
- Tool-less blade change system ensures hassle-free blade installation.
- The key blade chuck feature: It has simplified the whole process beyond your imagination. It makes the installation or swapping process easier than ever.
- Comes with 10 blades
- Stroke limit 0-2,700 SPM: This feature ensures fast cutting.
- Stroke Length 1-1/8″: This ideal length of stroke lets you have a fine cutting in every stroke.
- Heavy duty reciprocating saw.
- Easy to maintain.
- Extremely safe to use.
- Can be used on gloomy areas as well.
- Sometimes you may witness vibration.
- Blade release is a bit irritating.
Though this tool is quite good for all-purpose tasks and extremely powerful. But considering the price range, it may have flaunted some other features as well. The LED light feature is the catchiest feature of this tool. But that one feature cannot ask for such a price. Isn’t it? Within this price range, this tool does not have an orbital action feature which is quite common in this price range. Again the vibration fact. Whenever a reciprocating saw vibrates it becomes really tough to work with that. And this tool does not have any specific feature to lessen the vibration. Though it does not vibrate that bad still it does and it is not acceptable at this price point.
BOSCH promises to cover all your tasks within the least amount and hassle. And their promise gets a real touch with its versatile blade options. From this price point, this feature is nothing less than imagination. It is a complete hardware store in a single tool.
What Makes a Reciprocating Saw the Best?
There are different types of saws are present at the market and their core work is to cut something. Among all the saws a reciprocating saw stands out due to some special facilities. The reciprocatingsaws are also known as an electronic knife. A reciprocating saw comes with such magnificent features that make it stand apartfrom all other saws in the market.The following segment will let you know the facts that make a reciprocating saw the best.
A reciprocal saw is a motorized tool thus it demands less human effort. You don’t have to put any effort or strength while operating the tool. It works on the electricity. This tool is basically the rising of digital power tools. As we all know reciprocating swaps are mainly used for heavy duty tasks and being motorized is a blessing. Otherwise, it would be very tough to perform the tasks with human efforts.
This tool is a powerful tool with supreme motors. Reciprocating saw is so powerful that it is used for remodeling and demolition tasks. The tool is robust and extremely durable to perform tough tasks without being damaged. It can offer prolonged service even if you use it for hardest jobs. This power tool is irreplaceable in construction sites.
Reciprocating saws literally cut everything no matter what comes to its way. Nails or pins, cement walls or PVC pipes, hardwoods or tree branches, reciprocating is extremely powerful to cut them off.
Well, this saw is basically well known for its high-class performance. This tool can actually cut everything within a second. It never consumes your time. Again each and every stroke come with perfect cutting. This tool is easy to carry as this is extremely compact in size and it can reach nearly everywhere.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Reciprocating Saw
It is just not about getting your work done, reciprocal saw needs to ensure some other features as well. An ideal reciprocating saw will always ensure the least afford from your side. Again the time measurement plays an important role too. You cannot literally waste all your time on certain things for sure. Thus working within a limited time being is also a must. For all these all a reciprocal saw needs to ensure is to have a great speed limit, ideal strokes, and powerful motor. Things you need to consider while buying a reciprocating saw are given below:
- Motor: The first you need to consider is the motor. A powerful motor can lessen your difficulties to almost zero. So, always go for a high powered motor to get the maximum output. Make sure the motor is powerful enough to perform your DIY tasks at the same time this high profile motor complements your garage or professional surface as well. The high power motor can take care of Cutting woods, fiberglass, tree roots, drywall,and light gauge metals, all these can be done by the motor pretty well. Again the motor power should be so high that it ensures fast cuts and effortless use. The firm cuts in every stroke are possible through high power motor. The motor is so efficient that you can use it on the toughest material. The most crucial selling point of any product is its combination of power and control. High power motor comes with a control feature allows you to use this tool on drywall, laminates, PVC, plywood, cement board and rough lumber. You can work on basically everything. Thus the versatility is the best points that make the bestseller reciprocating saw model through the years.
- Blades: Choose the blades according to your surface type and the cuts you need. For larger cuts on hard surface get more powerful and expensive blades. And always go for tool-free blades for easy installment. You can also opt for electric blades with a break. With the break, you can stop the blades wherever you want. This feature is mainly targeted for the beginners. You will be able to stop the blades anytime you want and thus the blades will be safe from being damaged due to high speed. It gives an appropriate control to the beginners on their tool. Thus they tend to damage less. You can buy blades according to your needs but one thing to be mentioned is these blades are quite inexpensive. Thus you can purchase many of them. Changing these blades are super easy and makes it handier to use.
- Blade Positioning: Cutting versatility is extremely important. For this make sure the saw you buy comes with the 4 position blade features. In a single gear, you can just swap the position of the blade and create different types of cuts. That is not all. This feature is extremely amazing as it lets the users work both vertically and horizontally even when it is in motion. This feature ensures smooth cuts with the least complication. The blades can work in any position even in the corners or curves.
- Orbital Action: Well, the orbital action is basically the movement of the blades of any reciprocating saw. Apart from the mere straight move, this feature that allows the blades to move quite in a circular motion. It basically differentiates this toll from others and adds bonus points. This orbital movement ensures cutting in a rapid growth. Again this cut is used for rough cuts in any sturdy materials. Again you can perform demolition work very well. In short, this feature is the key behind the tough performance of this tool.
- Variable Speed Trigger: You will always need to control the sped focusing on the surface and cut size. So, go for this feature to control the speed. Basically, it is located on the handle. It is very important to make a soft start to reduce vibration or jerks. And this feature allows you to reduce the speed in the beginning and you can gradually raise it high. On thin or breakable materials you will for sure want to start with a low speed and on thick materials to get the cutting done you will want high speed. This speed control is important considering the material type. Thus sometimes you may need to slow the speed down. In this sense, the speed trigger is very useful. This will ensure no aggressive cuts on the thin surface and no damage.
- Lightweight: The lightweight tool does not tire your body thus you can work for a long time. Where most of the powerful tool appear really heavy, you have to find a tool that is actually very easy to lift. Thus you can go for prolonged operation without witnessing fatigue. This feature is quite considerable whenever you are looking for a tool to work for a long time. Maximum power tools are quite heavy thus prolonged working is quite difficult. But you must pick a tool that is so compact that you can work for longer time. The tiny size of a reciprocating saw is a benediction for a solo user as you can work with it without any assistant. Again the compact size allows it to reach through any surface.
- Stroke Length: One of the most crucial things that actually determines the efficiency of the reciprocating saw is the strokes. It depends on what you are going to cut. Most of the saws can cut from 3/4 inch to almost 1 1/4 inches. Choose the stroke strength according to your need. You must go for the stroke speed and length that can cut on ceramics, pipes, lumber or metals. This speed limit can give you high performance but in times you need to control the speed. Again the perfect stroke shape in a combination with the stroke speed does not demand any type of manual efforts. You can get your work done within the least time with the massive stroke speed.
- Perfect Cuts: Shorter cuts may take much time but they are relatively precise in every stroke than the long cuts. The tool can be under your domination through the shortcuts. Usually, long cuts come with some high duty tools that are not so easy to handle. But this tool with its shortcuts is extremely handy due to its size. Again think about cutting your delicate material, heavy duty long cutting saw may damage your surface. But these sort cuts are so precise and won’t damage your surface. Again normally on the delicate surface like thin wood needs low speed at the beginning. And with the shortcuts, you can maintain the low speed in thin woods and get the best result without causing any damage.
- Anti-vibration Feature: Vibration hinders your speed of work so the anti-vibrant feature is a must. Many of the brands have introduced to a dampening technology that reduces vibration to an extent. Thus you will never experience vibration the way you will experience it through using any other lightweight tools. We all are concerned about the fact that most of the lightweight tools are mostly known for generating vibrations. And this will contradict the promise itself. As vibration makes it very difficult to use the tool for long usage. Vibration is a problem that can cause a great problem and can really waste all the best features. Vibration causes fatigue and needs to get your both indulged to get a grip over the tool. Again you cannot get fine cuts if your tool constantly vibrates. Anti-vibration system is a built-in process that actually reduces vibration and ensures a stable movement while cutting. This system works more precisely while cutting tough objects as we all know tough objects need more stable strokes. Thus circuitry or plumbing becomes extremely comfortable with this tool.
- Handle Grip: Discussing control, the first thing that comes to our mind is the handle. We all know you can never compromise with its users’ safety. Thus considering the safety fact along with the comfort, you must ensure slip-proof handle. Handling is really important when you are using such powerful tools. And it actually becomes a challenge to ensure perfect grip of such powerful tools. But some brands have impossible possible and it has made it by featuring a rubber made soft grip handle. Thus you can work at a stretch for a long time without tiring yourself. As we know control over tool is very important to get a perfect outcome thus feature ornaments this tool. Thus there is no chance to face accidents and imperfect performance. Again the handle is a crucial fact that relates to the control option. If you cannot get a good control over you will end up failing to meet your expectations. A perfect cut is depended on the handle grip. Though comfort is often absent in powerful tools this model comes with an ergonomic grip that ensures control over the tool.
- High Power Battery: The battery is so efficient that it gets charged the fastest. Thus you will be able to minimize your work time as you don’t have to wait for hours while the device gets charged. It gives the users a constant power supply for the longest time as the battery is designed with lower self-discharge feature. I must mention that the Lithium-Ion battery actually increases the run time. The battery is manufactured specially to work on the hostile weather. No matter the weather is hot and cold, you can operate it with the same excellence. The battery not only allows to work under any situation but also accelerates your output to 30 percent more.
- Flexible Blade Changing: Well, we all know tool change is a hectic task in every reciprocating saw. But blade changing or adjusting can be an expensive matter too. When the blade changing feature is not present, you may have to get more tools instead of just buying the blades.Tool-free blade changing feature that allows easy and comfortable blade installation within a short time. There is a pivoting shoe that actually runs the whole mechanism. The mechanism perhaps is quite complicated but your part is extremely simple. All you have to do us to fits twist the blades. Then you have to put or insert the blade into the pivoting shoe. Well, here the actual magic lies in the twist and insert process. The pivoting shoe supports the blade tight and enables the blade to keep in touch with the surface. This way the most frustrating and time slaughtering task becomes the easiest and time-saving task.
- LED Built-in Light: This feature, on one hand, ensures more accurate cutting and on the other hand, ensures your safety as well. This Led light reduces the chance to face an accident while working on low light. Again this feature leaves all the limits behind and lets you work on any surface under any circumstances. The LED light feature is one of them. I mean though saw features are nothing like rocket science but LED light in a saw is not less than a rocket science as well. The LED lights are inscribed in the cutting line. On gloomy areas, this light appears as nothing less than a fairy. It ensures precision and perfect cut in every situation in a true sense. The cutting zone with the LED light gets illuminated thus ensures safety. It also takes the edge off in the toughest conditions that have low lights or does not have sufficient lights. In short in any circumstances with any light, this saw is ready to ensure precise cuts on each and every strokes.
- Internal Dust Blower: An internal dust blower feature that clears debris from cutline. This feature enhances the visibility of cutline and ensures a precise cut every time. Again it has a rubber boot that protects the motor from dust.vv
How to Use Reciprocating Saw
To get the maximum output from a tool, you will always have to know about the perfect usage. A reciprocating saw has its own pattern of using. When you are up to using reciprocating saw just put a glance over the usage details to ensure the best from your tool.
- At first, you have to set the orbital action focusing on the materials you are working on. For wood, metal or any other surface you will need different settings of orbital action. So, set that first.
- Now, you have to install the blade. Again the blade issue is the same as the orbital action settings. For different surface and cutting, you will need different blades. So, install the suitable blade first.
- Here the action begins with the cut. But make sure you wear the safety glass and gloves. Again earplugs are good if you are not capable of tolerating high sound.
- Cutting phase needs perfect adjustment of speed settings. Set the speed according to your need. For fast aggressive settings put the speed high adoor low delicate cutting limit the speed low.
Why a Reciprocating Saw?
When you are buying a reciprocating saw the main thing that you need to consider is to have a transparent knowledge that why you are getting the tool. Though a reciprocating saw is used for many purposes and you can obviously put your own creative task but there are some basic tasks that are not to be done without a reciprocating saw. Apparently someone things the cutting function is similar to chain saw and reciprocating saw. But chainsaw basically used for heavy job. Let’s check this out:
- To Cut Through Difficult Nails or Pins
If your cutting is hindered through any nails or pins, a reciprocating saw can save you. This tool is extremely powerful to cut tough materials thus it can cut pins and nails easily. Thus you don’t have to pull out the pins just cut it off.
- To Fit Window
When you are fitting any window, you need to make cuts in the areas where other tools cannot easily be placed. Hence this tool can fit into any space, you can use a reciprocal saw for window fittings.
- To Cut Tree Branches
This tool is powerful and able to chop tree bunches. Thus you can use it to cut tree bunches of anywhere.
- Construction Related Tasks
Remodeling or demolition, each task need a reciprocating saw for its power pack performance.
The Biggest Debate: Should You Go with The Corded or with The Cordless One?
To start with first of all let’s get the initial knowledge about both of types of reciprocating saws and their advantages along with the disadvantages.
Cordless Reciprocating Saw
What we look for the most in the reciprocating saw? Obviously the comfort. A cordless saw ensures comfort. The cordless feature allows you to use this saw anywhere you want and you can carry it as it is not connected with any cords. You can reach any place, lift to any high or extend the tool as you want. All you have to do is charge your tool and get yourself go anywhere you want to without the hassle of carrying cables. If you don’t have to get yourself dangled with the cords or to look for power outlets to use this reciprocating saw. Again when you go for an angular cut, the cords always make it difficult for you. But this tool being cordless gives you full freedom to use this the way you want. Thus it ensures every type of cuts.
But most of the times a cordless saw comes with less powerful motor thus sturdy tasks become quite impossible. This type of saw is basically ideal for your DIY projects.
Corded Reciprocating Saw
A corded reciprocating saw basically comes with a cord that needs to be plugged into the current to operate the saw. To simplify, while working with this saw you have to be in touch with electricity. This type of saw is the typical form of a reciprocating saw. This type comes with the highest performing motors and is must of any construction farms or heavy duty tasks. These are specially considered and manufactured for heavy duty construction or garage oriented tasks. They also weight more than the compact cordless ones.
But a corded saw somewhere the limits the mobility as you have to have a power outlet to run this piece. But a corded reciprocating saw can never be ignored or replaced for your professional purpose.
Though both of the types come with advantages and disadvantages, it completely depends on you to choose your tool as per your comfort and work type. If you want to use this tool for professional purpose in some heavy duty construction area, the corded one will suit you the best. On the contrary for your normal DIY task that needs mobility, you will have to opt for the compact cordless tool.
How to Maintain Reciprocating Saw?
A reciprocating saw does not demand any high maintenance activity from you. As it is extremely easy to use, it is very easy to maintain the tool as well. Although the reciprocal saw does not demand much for your better concern here you with a plan of cleaning your saw.
- Daily Maintenance: Daily you just have to clean the tool gently with a brush. Nothing much.
- Weekly Maintenance: Once in a week get a plain brush that has never been used before and removes the dust from your saw. Focus on the blade area.
- Monthly Maintenance: Once in a month you can go for blade sharpening. If you have less expensive blades you can just go replace it.
What We Recommend As The Best Reciprocating Saw
Though all the reciprocating saws that are reviewed in this content are the best ones still their tools that have beaten all of them. Each of the tools is made for some certain type of tasks. You have to choose them according to your need. But according to my research, the Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2625-20 M18 18-Volt Hackzall Cordless One-Handed Reciprocating Saw is the best one among the cordless tools and among the corded ones the DEWALT DWE304 10-Amp Reciprocating Saw is the best. Both the tools are great but the Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2625-20 M18 18-Volt Hackzall Cordless One-Handed Reciprocating Sawshould be the winner due to its extraordinary feature and performance excellence.
Reciprocating Saw Accessories
Reciprocating saw accessories help your task to be done more easily. There some accessories that you must have and they are:
- Scouring Pad
- Wire Brush
- Grout Rake
- Scraper Blades
- Wood Rasp
- Different Types of Blades
Reciprocating saws are tools to help you out doing some heavy duty tasks that would demand inhumane effort without this tool. The demand for this tool has hit so hard that thousands of brands are coming with different types of saws. But you cannot be consumed and end up investing in the wrong tool. Thus this content came up with the best-suggested tool for you. You can invest blindly on the Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2625-20 M18 18-Volt Hackzall Cordless One-Handed Reciprocating saw as this can be considered as the number one reciprocating saw.
Yes, you can use Milwaukee blades to all the other brand saws.
Yes, it does.
Most of the reviewssupport the USA made tool.
Orbital action allow you to have more precise cutting as it allowsangular cuts.